|Free Roll Up Pattern|
E-mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Cut Two 3 inch lengths of looped velcro.
5. Zigzag the the velro to one the end of the two Grosgrain Ribbons, by stitching around all four sides of the velcro and then one diagonal pass between two opposite corners. Pin the velcro to the ribbon in
two or three places so they will not slip as you are sewing. Here you get to see my vintage sewing machine. I love this machine, I hope it never dies.
6. Start on one end of the bottom. Divide the end length into thirds and position the ribbon with the velcro ends in the two one third spots. Pin the ribbons to the felt end with the ribbon ends heading away from the bottom with the velcro side up. Over the top of where the ribbons are pinned, pin one of the short end sides to the bottom end and evenly match up the sides. Using a zigzag stitch, stitch right next to the edge all of the way across that end.
7. Stitch the other end to the bottom. Pin first and zigzag all of the way across.
8. Prepare to pin the long sides on by tucking the side of the end pieces away from the long side. This will keep you from inadvertently sewing the side of the end into the long side stitching. Pin the long side flap to the bottom and zigzag all of the way across. Repeat step #8 to attach the other long side.
It's finish just that quickly. Now you can lay your precious creations in their carrier, fold first the short ends and then the long ends, and roll the end up heading toward where the velcro ribbons are attached. Once rolled up, bring the ribbons smoothly around and attach the velcro to the felt where they meet. These roll ups easily tuck into a carry bag, luggage, or into a safe at your hotel. I have found them to be convenient, my jewelry stays untarnish, and everything stays orderly. The Roll Ups make it easy to keep the jewelry organized by necklaces and bracelets.