Thursday, July 2, 2015

For the love of flowers, wear one.


Amethyst Magnolia Bloom
My love of flowers is widely known, and a big part of my jewelry line. I have been working with the Plum Blossom beaded bead for about ten years. During that time I have continually found new ways to make that beaded bead and new beads to make it with. So when I picked up a few of the Czech glass Rose Petal beads, you can guessed it, I was thinking these will make a perfect Plum Blossom beaded bead.
I set to work that evening, and here are the results. The beaded bead works with both the 14 X 13 mm Rose Petal beads and the smaller ones that are 8 X 7 mm. When I tried the large Rose Petals I didn’t like the exposed filament between the beads so I added a seed bead between each Rose Petal bead. I liked the effect, and it gave me an opportunity to add another color. In the end, the result was a beautiful pendant that I call the Magnolia Bloom.
Garden Row Necklace



Garden Row Bangle
Now I am in production. I am making the Magnolia Bloom as a Pendant and as a DIY Pendant Kit. Both the pendant and kit comes in four colors for Summer; Amethyst, Blue, Fuchsia, and Ivory. The DIY kit pendant can add to your favorite chain, cord, or leather. If you don’t have time or the inclination to make the Magnolia Bloom it comes already finished with a Sterling Silver chain. With the smaller Rose Petal beads I have created a different design, I call Garden Row. It brings together three Plum Blossom beaded beads on a 24 inch Sterling Silver chain or on an adjustable Sterling Silver Bangle. The bangle is very cool. I love wearing it, and forget I even have it on, it is so light and comfortable.

Go check them all out in on of my Etsy Shops, Kathryn Bowman Studio for Art Jewelry and 1 Bead Weaver for Jewelry Making. I have linked all of the photos to the shops, so it will be easy for you to have a look and shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, ask questions or show me what you are working on.