Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Art Wear Unlimited, a different kind of show.
Last December I was doing a show in Chicago, The Inside Show, and a couple of ladies visited my booth. We kibitzed and laughed. They were lovely, didn’t buy anything, and moved on. I didn’t think much about it. It was kind of how the show was going. About an hour later, they were back, backed me into a corner of my booth, and invited me to be in their show next April, Art Wear Unlimited. Wow! I had heard about this show. A couple of my artist friends had been in this show, and had great things to say about it. Needless to say I was thrilled.
This is an invitation only show, organized by Kathy Sackhelm and Linda Brodson. This duo travels around the United States in search of the unique, inspired, and original wearable. They show a few artist they have grown to love over time, but are always looking for up and coming artist just breaking into the art world, or not yet discovered. They present the Art Wear Unlimited show in the Spring and the Fall, with flare. They thoughtfully bring a beautiful array of wearable art together for the Chicago buyer, that appreciates their fine taste, vision, and expertise. Over time Sackhelm and Brodson have developed an exclusive mailing list, which is key to the success of their shows. They present one-of-a-kind quality wearable art that includes mostly casual and some dressy clothing, accessories, hats, scarves, gloves, and studio jewelry, in a wide price range, and with styles to suit any fashion taste. What these ladies do is great for the artists they invite, and a true gift for the buyers that
they have gotten to know so well over time. This will be the fourteenth Art Wear Unlimited experience these ladies have put together, at the Highland Park Country Club, in Highland Park, IL. Check out the Art Wear Unlimited website to get a preview of the Spring 2013 Sale and Show.


So with the excitement building, I am bringing together necklaces, bracelets, cuffs, fashion rings, and earrings. This is almost too good to be true, but I just pack everything up, make a detailed inventory, ship everything to the fine ladies that organize the show, and go on about my art business. Of course, that inventory list is the killer for me. For those that know me, you know how I hate to tag and inventory. But, it must be done. Sackhelm and Brodson arrange all of the wonderful art wear from the 40 artists that participate, into a boutique atmosphere in preparation for the show.
The FACTS:
What – Art Wear Unlimited

When – April 23, 2013, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
         April 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
         April 25, 2013, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where – Highland Park Country Club
          1201 Park Avenue West
          Highland Park, IL   60035
Wish Kathy Sackhelm and Linda Brodson luck, with the show. Wish me luck, with the work I will be presenting. Wish the other 39 artist’s luck, with their work and careers.  It’s all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, ask questions or show me what you are working on.